Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Update

Just a short update, I've been working on a sprite system over the weekend, and am getting close to having it working. One of the hardest things about writing an engine, I'm discovering, is anticipating what needs I might have in the future for making a game. For now I just need small animations, like water, or e plosions, but later I'm sure I'll need particles, bullets and more. Learning to think ahead is definitely one of the biggest challenges of a project like this.

The character movement function is getting pretty refined. I still have a few bugs to work out, but my little skelly guy is moving pretty well. I think I need to do some "research" tommorow on some of my favorite sidescrollers, to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Did someone say walljump?

No comments:

Post a Comment